Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Mama Said, Mama Said

Mama said there'll be days like this, there'll be days like this my mama said.

Today I managed to perform many idiotic tasks, including but not limited to:

  • sleeping through my alarm
  • dropping Kenyon's high chair tray full of food onto the floor
  • blowing off a lunch date with dear friends that I've had scheduled for weeks
  • running into furniture that had the audacity to not move out of my way.  I have lived in this house for five years - that filing cabinet has only been in this house for three.  I should have won.
  • going to my mother-in-laws without any makeup on, and trust me, of all the days to forget, this was not an ideal one
  • placing yesterday's mail in the mailbox instead of bills I spent hours paying and addressing yesterday
  • mailing a card to a close friend and looking up how to spell her name no less than three times


And all the while I had the wonderful vocal group from the 60's, The Shirelles, in the back of my mind singing to me.

Mama said there'll be days like this, there'll be days like this my mama said.

The only thing I have managed to accomplish today without bodily harm and minimal cussing is woodworking.  You know, playing with heavy wood and deadly power tools.  (Go figure.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just like mama said... If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.