Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Wheat Harvest 2015

Let it be known that we are not big time farmers.  Cattle are our primary passion.  Our bountiful wheat crop this year was a whopping 35 acres.  We were hoping to bale it several weeks ago but Mother Nature and her abundant rainfall made that impossible this year, so harvesting was our next option.  

Wesley loves to look at my Facebook account in the evenings and saw pictures of my friends and their families standing in wheat fields.  For the next week he was relentless in teasing me about taking pictures in the wheat fields.  (This may ruffle the feathers of some farmers, and for that I apologize.  Like I said, cattle are our primary passion.  You may tease me about my cattle pictures all you like - I'm not going to change.  It takes all of us, farmers and ranchers, to feed the world.)  

When the day, afternoon, evening came to harvest our wheat crop I made sure to pack my camera and oblige my loving husband with pictures.  Some of them actually turned out pretty sweet.  Am I going to tell my husband this?  Of course not.  I'm going to only show him the super cheesy photos and not tell him about the all the good ones I'm printing out to give to aunties and grandmas.  Enjoy. 





Notice the plethora of protruding thumbs?  He did not attend Texas A&M (gig 'em!),
so perhaps he was a hitchhiker in a previous life. 

My goodness, I just love this little guy.

2 comments:

  1. Anna, that picture of Kenyon is ADORABLE!! He's so sweet! All good pictures though! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amanda - hope all is well with y'all!

      Delete

Just like mama said... If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.