Friday, June 26, 2015

Fleeting Thought Friday


It has been a while since I posted a series of incoherent thoughts (in list form), so here goes:

  • My husband and a neighbor boy helped me frame up my shelving this morning in our storage room. It only helped reiterate how much I hate working with power tools and my husband at the same time.  Not even power tools - any tools.  Even a tape measure.  ESPECIALLY a tape measure.  I put in the minimum number of screws needed to make sure it wouldn't fall down and then told them I was finished.  Now I can go back at my leisure and fix it the way I want.  Whew.  
*There are all sorts of cute sayings out there that talk about "if you can work cattle with a man you are meant for each other/you'll never get divorced/something equally lovey-dovey".  This is crap.  My husband and I can work cattle together all day, every day.  You put us together in a non-livestock situation and I can promise you the threat of divorce will occur within minutes.  We simply cannot do it.  

  • Nesting has still been going wonderfully.  My house has been reorganized to within an inch of its life and now no one but myself can find anything due to its placement within its new home.  I love it.  
  • Contraction action.  It's happening, folks.  Not because we want it to, but because this little fetus-o-mine has a mind of its own.  So we just get as much as possible done as quickly as possible in the morning and then spend hours in the recliner crocheting and contracting while Kenyon takes his afternoon nap.  Yes, my doctor is aware of it.  No, I do not need to hear any lectures or horror stories.  We are being careful - promise.  
  • Pop quiz:  I got to go grocery shopping all by myself yesterday morning.  Was I more excited that I almost got to see William Shatner at a restaurant or the fact that I saved over $102 using coupons?  If you chose the William Shatner answer then you should probably stop reading this blog for forever and ever.  
  • I have apparently passed on my passion for killing flies to my son.  He now walks around the house, pointing out renegade flies and yelling, "MASH THEM, MAMA!  MASH THEM!"
Happy fleeting-thought-Friday, folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just like mama said... If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.