Friday, July 24, 2015

Tons of Tomatoes

Early in the mornings, Kenyon and I head out to the garden and pick tomatoes.  It is heartwarming to see what pride he takes in picking, counting and placing in his bucket.  Each little tomato receives special attention and a little celebration when it makes it into the bucket.  I simply cannot soak in enough moments like these.  


"I see one more, Mom."
We saw 'one more' approximately 27 times.



"Just one more." 
Thank goodness he's around to pick those really difficult-to-reach tomatoes.  Standing on my head is completely out of the question this year.

Although we had to stop and re-position several times while carrying his bucket to the house, he absolutely did not want any help.  He is definitely homozygous stubborn.  It goes back several generations. 
"Ta da!  All done!"
I enjoy how little ones take time to celebrate all sorts of victories in life.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Love the summer duds - sandals, diaper, hat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely! Wish I could get away with that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How busy is your road? I won't tell.

    ReplyDelete

Just like mama said... If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.