Tuesday, July 21, 2015

My Mother In Law Delights in Watching Me Cry

On Sunday night, I became absolutely sure that my mother-in-law must delight in watching me cry.  I am absolutely certain.  Why else would she keep gifting the new baby with clothes like this:


This child has more than enough hand-me-downs, and yet she still insists on purchasing these little onsies on clearance at Kohl's.  These little onsies that instantly bring happy tears of excitement and anticipation to my eyes each and every time I lay eyes on them.  

The nerve. 

I can't even scroll up to look at the picture anymore.  It makes me get all misty eyed and verklempt again.  

Talk amongst yourselves.  I'll give you a topic.  Rhode Island is neither a rhode nor an island.  There, I feel better, I feel better. 

(For those of you not following along with the last few sentences, that was totally not a Lutheran joke.  That was an SNL from the 90's from a wife up too early during shipping season joke.  Bear with me.)  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just like mama said... If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.