Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Play by Play

It is the beginning of shipping season in our neck of the woods (or pasture).  Kenyon enjoys getting up early to walk across the road and watch the men load out cattle.  He's pretty well gotten the process figured out and likes to tell his mama exactly what is going on.  'Cause ya' know, I never watched cattle load before he was born, much less ever helped ship loads of cattle growing up.

Sidenote:  The longer I experience this whole 'mothering' gig, the more I realize I will henceforth forevermore be known as an idiot to my children.  Sigh......

Mama, truck back up.  Chooooo (loading chute), boom, choo-chooooooooo, done.  

(For you town folk, that's how Kenyon tells me the semi pulling a pot backs up, hits the chute and sets the parking brake.)

Mama, Daddy bring cows.  Shut the gate.  Push the cows.  Cows go up.  Daddy bring cows.  Shut the gate.  Push the cows.  Cows go up.  Shut the door.  Bye bye cows!  

Load after load after load, Kenyon is so polite to explain the entire process to his mama.  I can't wait to see him in the pens in just a few short years putting all these words into actions himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just like mama said... If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.