Wednesday, July 22, 2015

July Happenings

I realized that I hadn't used my camera in several weeks and immediately took steps to rectify the situation.  The result?  A random compilation of the pieces that make up our crazy little life this summer.  


This kiddo is nearly two.  Feel free to come cry with me at your leisure.  His summer hobbies include: driving in his play car, helping Mom in the shop, helping Dad ship and feed cattle, picking tomatoes and shutting every gate he sees open.  He sounds possessed and his voice drops several octaves when he commands "SHUT THE GATE!"  I was concerned until Wes pointed out I sound very similar shouting "SHUT THE DOOR!" when the boys leave the fridge door open.  My bad.


A friend gave me this huge chunk of burled, live edge walnut.  I oiled it down, gave it a few coats of lacquer and some iron legs.  It now resides as a side table next to my rocking chair in the living room and I am absolutely in love.  I can't wait to spend countless hours rocking a new baby in my rocking chair and being able to look over and see this beauty next to me.  Its the little things in life.


The beginnings of some industrial shelving for our mudroom.  If it turns out great, expect an entire post detailing my process.  If it doesn't turn out, this is likely assuredly the only time you will see them.  Stay tuned.


Manna from heaven.  Meal planning has become incredibly simple since our tomatoes finally started to ripen.  At least once a day we eat bacon and tomato sandwiches.  It doesn't get much better than that.


The grasshoppers have not invaded us (yet) like they did last year, so we thankfully still have flowers to admire.  My hostas began to bloom last week and I always enjoy their delicate little blooms.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Just like mama said... If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.