Monday, November 26, 2012

Touche

Every once in a while Wesley has a very valid point and knocks me down a rung or two on my ladder.  It is very well known that my frugal nature makes me have a tendency to hoard others' discarded items and redo them.  Painting, refinishing, new hardware - I love to do it all. 

Thanksgiving weekend was especially fruitful for me as I got an "heirloom" rocking chair from an aunt and a cabinet that will soon become our bedside table.  I say "heirloom" because we may or may not have told that to Wesley to increase my chances of getting to take it home.  Whoopsidaisies.  And no, he never reads what I write on here, thank goodness. 

As I pulled in to the shop on Sunday morning with my lovely new-to-me cabinet, Wesley was strangely silent.  I did my best to defend myself. 

"Honey, just think how much money we save when I redo all this furniture myself." 

His reply?

"I'm just worried about the day that we're going to have to build a $100,000 house to store your $10 finds in." 

Damn.  I hate it when he's right. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just like mama said... If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.