Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Spelling games

Have you ever noticed that when long lost buddies get together they revert back to "that age?"  You know, the age of their good 'ol glory days.  You think that it's just my husband that has this odd affliction?  I beg to differ.

Friends of ours came to visit a few weekends ago and I spent the rest of the evening babysitting and catering to what felt like three 16 year old boys.  Well, 16 year old boys that happen to be drinking whiskey. 


They played for HOURS in the shop with a basketball, shooting hoops from ridiculous angles and giggling like..... well, a bunch of 16 year old boys.  They played H-O-R-S-E, P-I-G, and I think someone mentioned playing a really long spelling game like E-L-E-P-H-A-N-T but I don't think anyone really had the attention span for such a long word by that time of the evening. 

Contrary to what one might believe, I love nights like these. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just like mama said... If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.