Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Example of Fuddy-duddyness #861

I don't think that this one can be topped.

Wesley is on the board for our county Cattlemen's Association.  As his wife, I am entitled to these eventful experiences and am asked to aide him in many of his exciting endeavors.  This weekend, I had the PRIVILEGE and HONOR of accompanying him to the annual banquet and was allowed to spend the evening with him until the evening festivities ended.

"What ended the fun and games of this eventful night fueled by the live band and flowing booze?" you might ask yourself. 

Good question.

Me.

That's right.  I had reached my limit of drunk 40+ year old cougars grinding (sorry Grandma) on one another and so I instigated the turning on of lights and ending of fun for the night.  I was the kill-joy.  I was the buzz-kill.  I was every mean, nerdy, fanny-pack wearing, fun-hating chaperone you have ever encountered. 

In short, a 26 year old girl not only asked a band to turn down their music (twice!) but also finally shut them down and asked their 40+ year old groupies to disperse so that the fuddy-duddy and her husband could go to bed before 2 am.

Yep, that really happened.  Pray for us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just like mama said... If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.