Sunday, February 28, 2016

Greenwood County Fashion Week: Cowdog Edition

Although we are hidden out here in the Flint Hills, we do have internet and I do occasionally peruse the happenings that occur outside our little world.  I have noticed some media outlets reporting on multiple 'fashion weeks' going on throughout the world - New York, Paris, Milan, etc.  I thought perhaps we should join in on the fun, too.  

Behold:


I give you one of the looks from our Spring/Summer cowdog collection.  Loopie is both edgy and modern with a touch of 1990's nostalgia as seen in her hair tie knot.  

And now for the Paul Harvey "The Rest of the Story".  Loopie got into a tussle with a coyote a few weeks back and tore a pretty significant hole in her side.  There was such a hole that I couldn't even find enough skin to stitch back together.  (Stitching with fabric I absolutely loathe.  Suturing animals is an entirely different matter.)  It healed rather well for about a week before she repeated the entire process and reopened her would to its original size.  I finally bit the bullet and took her to the vet for proper medical care.  

After her side was shaved, bandaged and wrapped it was recommended that I add another barrier to keep Loop from tearing everything off too quickly.  Thus one of my most beloved high school softball shirts was donated to the cause.  That's how much I love Loopie.  

Although Loop will likely die of embarrassment if she ever learns of this, I simply couldn't resist sharing my superior fashion talents with the rest of the world. Eat your heart out, Naomi, Kendall and Gigi.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just like mama said... If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.