Wednesday, February 3, 2016

A Review: Norwex Laundry Soap

Norwex Ultra Power Plus Laundry Detergent

Within the past year I have become acquainted with the Norwex brand of cleaning products.  Have you heard of them?  If not, you should.  They are pretty awesome.  

My friend Stephanie is a Norwex independent sales consultant.  Recently, she ran a promotion and asked for guinea pigs willing to try Norwex products for free, as long as we agreed to write a review of the product.  She had me at free.  My favorite four letter F word (now that I'm out of college and a mother).  

Here's the long and the short of their laundry detergent: I love it.

She sent me a little, quart size plastic baggie of detergent.  There couldn't have been more than 1 cup of detergent in the baggie.  I made a mental note that I would write a review as soon as the detergent had been all used up.  Problem is, I'm still working on using that little bag.  I use one TEASPOON of detergent per load to get my clothes clean.  That's right, folks.  Teaspoon.  The littlest scoop in your kitchen utensils.  

I have used this powder on darks and could not detect any fading or residue left behind like I feel sometimes happens when using a powder.  Also, I feel like the detergent did a great job on Wesley's dirty work jeans.  I must admit, though, that I cheated on the super-sized load of work jeans and I put in two teaspoons of detergent.  Whew.  Glad I got that off my chest. 

Overall I have been nothing but pleased with this product and would highly recommend it to others.  To place an order, please look Steph up on Facebook:  Stephanie Huser: Norwex Independent Sales Consultant.  

Over the past few months I have ordered other products from her, including: a dusting mitt, window cleaning cloth and enviro cloth (for general cleaning).  

Company coming over in 30 minutes?  I grab my handy-dandy dusting mitt and do a quick once-over on all my bookshelves.  I'm not sure why I feel the need to have my furniture dusted when there is a sink full of dirty dishes in the kitchen, but there are my priorities.  Wood > food. 

The window cleaning cloth has restored my faith in the entire cleaning process.  All those conversations I normally have in my head as I grumble about stupid cleaning tasks like cleaning mirrors and windows are gone.  Why am I doing this if no one can tell the difference afterwards?  Which is worse - a clean window with streaks or a dirty window with rain spots?  The window cleaning cloth + water = magic.  No spots, no streaks.

The enviro cloth is a great general cleaning rag for counter tops and table tops I've found.  Yes, there are still times when I bust out paper towels and bleach after cutting chicken and some drops fall off the cutting board, but in between those times this is the cloth I reach for. 

There you have it, folks.  Norwex - good stuff. (I'm in the process of trademarking that phrase so don't y'all steal it.)  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just like mama said... If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.