Thursday, August 6, 2015

A Misnomer

mis·no·mer
misˈnōmər/
noun
  1. a wrong or inaccurate name or designation.
    "“king crab” is a misnomer—these creatures are not crustaceans at all"
    synonyms:inaccurate name/label/designation, wrong name/label/designation,inappropriate name/label/designation
    "scientists say “killer whale” is a misnomer for what is one of the gentlest marine creatures known to man"
I feel that I should apologize for leading the general public astray.  After posting such sweet, heartwarming stories involving Kenyon I hear feedback that involves words such as angel or (gasp) precious.  I'm hear to tell you, precious definitely does not make my top ten list of ways to describe this kid.  Doesn't even crack the top 25.  

Why, you ask?  Because of moments like these:

  • One morning, Kenyon walked down the stairs and into the kitchen.  Every bit the Betty Crocker homemaker that I am, I dutifully and lovingly asked Kenyon what he would like to eat for breakfast.  His reply?  "Mom, I want a beer."  (For the record, he settled for scrambled eggs instead.)
  • We left Grandma Curry's house one evening and started the long, arduous task of walking back towards our house.  Halfway through our 50 yard journey, Kenyon turned towards me with a very solemn look on his face.  "Mom, my tummy hurts.  I need a beer."  
Can't fault a kid for trying.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just like mama said... If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.