Friday, August 14, 2015

Saving the Best for Last

Sorry for the delay in posts.  It's been one of those weeks around here.  Not necessarily bad, nothing overwhelmingly good.... just busy.

Kenyon is rather fanatical about praying each and every time he sits in his high chair.  He keeps both his parents in line and makes sure we don't miss a chance to pray.  Really, I think more of us could learn from him.

Last night was no different when we finally sat down to eat together as a family at 8 pm.

"Mom, can I pray to God?"  (My heart always melts when he says this.  And it is always EXACTLY like this.)  I nodded that he could proceed.

He dutifully bowed his head, folded his hands and said, "Dear God, I like Mom.  And Dad.  And bubbles.  AMEN!"  He made sure to throw his hands in the air following his epic conclusion.

Amen, kid.

1 comment:

Just like mama said... If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.