Saturday, August 22, 2015

Quality time

My family all congregated this weekend for a beef festival and much fun was had by all.  When I was pregnant a few years ago I remember stressing, hoping that Kenyon would have a close relationship with my folks even though they live a few hours away.  

Weekends like this one alleviate all those fears. 
I heard Kenyon say, "C'mon, Grandad, hold my hand."
I could have died happy right then and there.
Kenyon and cousin Kade played peek-a-boo in my closet, because it is obviously the coolest place in the entire house.  That, and fat, pregnant women can't follow you inside.
To say that he played hard would be more than a mild understatement.  His Auntie Lala ran him absolutely ragged, but Grandma Kate saved the day by pumping him full of ice cream.

This is Kenyon's new loading chute that has quickly become his most treasured possession.  Once he fell asleep on the way home I thought I could pry it out of his hands and lay it on the seat beside him.  He woke up, screamed bloody murder and only calmed when it had been safely returned to him. Only a little ranch kid could be so excited to get home to hook his new loading chute onto his pickup.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just like mama said... If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.