Wednesday, January 7, 2015

These Are A Few Of My Favorite Things: Kenyon Edition


  • Books, books, books.  And someone to read them to him most of the time. 
  • Cows (or any sort of cattle, really).
  • Loading and unloading trucks of cattle.  Technically, he watches Dad do it. 
  • Riding 4 wheelers with the men around the pens and yard. 
  • Wearing his boots the majority of his waking hours.  We have impeccable fashion sense and therefore wear boots with our pajamas, boots with sweatpants and, of course, boots with jeans. 
  • Loopie and Laurie.  It has been deathly cold outside for nearly a week and therefore the girls get to sleep in the utility room at night instead of in the shop.  Kenyon chases them around the house endlessly and pets them whether they like it or not.  Last night, Loopie sat at the back door and begged to go back outside into the cold rather than have to tolerate a toddler any longer.  I was mean and made her stay in the 67 degree house and be forced to sit still while Kenyon hugged her and tried to ride her.  The audacity, I know.  
  • Anything and everything that his dad does.  His father seems to walk on water, unlike his mother, and everything he touches turns to gold.  (This one seems to be a double-edged sword.  While it hurts my feelings that he can so easily dispose of me in the evenings, it also means I finally get some quiet time by myself.)  
  • Dancing to any sort of music is an absolute for him these days.  This morning, Kenyon walked into the kitchen, grabbed my hand and led me into the living room.  He pressed the button on one of his musical toys and we had an impromptu dance party for a few minutes.  Thank goodness I was smiling and laughing so hard having a great time.  If not, I would have undoubtedly starting crying over this heartwarming moment.  Dang it, I made myself cry just thinking about it.  Sigh..... hormones.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just like mama said... If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.