Sunday, January 4, 2015

Sanity Check

Yesterday we played outside most all day, and thank goodness.  I wish we could have bottled up all that sunshiny goodness and saved some for today.  Yes, the sun is shining today, but it is also 11 degrees out.  Seriously.  It's been 18 hours and Kenyon and I are going stir crazy.  He seems to be testing my patience today and pointing out every single no-no in the house.  As in, he's touching and playing with every single no-no, just so I know that he knows, ya' know?  So far today we've tried to stick our hands in surge protectors, played with toilet paper, stuck our hands in the toilet.... the list goes on and on.  Thank goodness it is so cold that Wes doesn't want to do much either and is actually spending more than 15 minutes in the house during daylight hours.  This. Never. Happens.

I can now hear the two of them playing together very nicely in the living room.  When Wes walked in the house I think he could tell that I had almost hit my limit.  He carefully gathered up Kenyon and muttered something about 'get you away from your mom before she sticks you in the oven' and gave me some much-appreciated alone time.

By now you may be asking yourself, "Is there a point to this blog post?"  Absolutely not.  As long as I sit here at the computer and look busy the two of them leave me alone.  Wesley occasionally glances over my direction to make sure I don't have smoke pouring out of my ears, but as long as these little keys keep clicking away, I am safe and ALONE.  Did I mention that I am currently being left ALONE?  It is magnificent.

Fun and games till someone gets smacked in the head with a tractor.  Fun time is done.  Over and out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just like mama said... If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.