Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Running for Office

I can't be absolutely sure, but I think that my son is gearing up for a run at a public office.  I can't ask him directly, though, as I'm sure he'd evade my line of questioning and say something vague about how he's 'keeping his options open'.

Why do I think this?  Take the following examples.....

He loves to kiss his baby cousin, Kade.  Every time he sees him it is nothing but lovin' for that little ball of cuteness.  I'm not sure if Kade's parents are in our jurisdiction or not; I guess I will know more when Kenyon finally lets me know if it is a state or local office.

Kenyon and I sat on the inside edge of the pew at church on Sunday.  He stood on my lap at the end of the service and shook hands with every old lady as they filed down the aisle.  Don't think he didn't break some hearts that day.

Kenyon's great-grandparents came out to the house to play on Sunday evening.  Each and every time his great grandpa would do something amusing, Kenyon would laugh like there was no tomorrow.  Not only did he laugh heartily, he really put on a show and would double over with laughter, holding his stomach, and turn his head to the side to make sure they were watching the entire time.  There is sucking up, and then there is realllllllllly going overboard.  We were definitely in the overboard stage at that point.

Sooooo, kissing babies, shaking hands and kissing up to folks.  If he's not running for some sort of public office, what else could it be?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just like mama said... If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.