Thursday, January 1, 2015

A List of Resolutions

They say if you write down your New Year's Resolutions that you're more likely to follow through with them.  In that case.....


  • More homemade gifts and less things from the store for folks.  (Sorry, your presents may look not-so-cool, but they will be filled with way-more-love.)  
  • On the same thought line, I want to do more spontaneous, sweet things for folks.  I think Kenyon can definitely help me on this one.  Making cookies and taking them to neighbors for no particular reason.  Picking flowers for folks.  Growing something obnoxious like cucumbers and bombarding anyone and everyone with them.  
  • Become more organized.  Believe it or not, I make great strides on this one every year.  The initial bar was set so low, though, that I'm still not even close to normal-functioning-citizen status.  Just ask our tax accountant.  
  • Eat healthier and exercise more.  Or at least exercise more.  Or some.  Yes, that's it.  Exercise some.  I can do that. 
  • Be involved in fewer man hunts.  This is one I can't control but nevertheless, I would like to be involved in fewer of them in the next 12 months.  Someday this will be a long blog post itself, but not today.  Still a little too recent to want to relive.  (Sidenote: Hug your local law enforcement, or at least wave and smile at them.  They walk through woods at in the middle of the night when it is 8 degrees out to find bad guys and keep you safe.)  
  • Be a little bit more adventurous.  As an introvert, I am quite content to stay home all day, every day and entertain myself with DIY projects.  As Kenyon gets older I want to allow him the opportunity to see and explore new things.  
  • Be a better wife.  I read an article the other day that said it was easier to be a great mom than a great wife because you always, unconditionally love your children but a good marriage takes tons of work.  There have been too many days this past year where I wanted to throttle my husband.  This needs to change and it begins with me.  
  • Start being one of those 'complete' people.  Yeah, I know that they don't exist, but it's something to strive for.  More made-from-scratch meals, laundry folded neatly, grass mowed semi-often, clean children, the whole nine yards.  Well, minus the clean children part.  I'm excited for warmer weather and playing outside with Kenyon.  I anticipate needing to power wash him more than once in the next 12 months.  
Okay, folks.  Here goes nothing! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just like mama said... If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.