Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Noooooooooooooooooo!

The other morning I was hanging Kenyon's cloth diapers on the line to dry.  It was 7 am, I was barefoot and in my bathrobe.  After filling up my clothesline I then went out to the garden and picked a basket full of produce.  It was a cool day so I decided to turn off the air conditioner and open all the windows wide.

It occurred to me that from an outsider's perspective, you might be under the impression that I am a hippy.  I immediately had a minor freakout and decided to remedy the situation.  Fear not, I ran back to the house and got my trusty canister of Sevin to dust my garden with.  I went to the freezer and pulled out some home grown steaks that were responsibly raised with the use of exogenous hormones.  (This also helped make room for more of my valuable produce.  But I digress.)  And then, finally, I went inside and gazed upon my sweet, healthy little boy who is current on all his vaccinations.  No, I reassured myself, I am DEFINITELY not a hippy.

Nothing against hippies, I just would prefer to be a anti-social, frugal hermit instead.  Although 'hippy' is a much catchier term.  Ya' got me there, hippies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just like mama said... If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.