Thursday, August 21, 2014

New Adventure

Bear with me, folks, I'm trying something new.  I started an instagram account the other day.  I had to text both of my little sisters (well, sister and sister-in-law technically) and ask them all sorts of old-person questions.  Pretty sure I could hear them snickering as they typed back their replies.

It prompted me to ask myself if I had become too old to sign up for something 'cool' like instagram.  (The fact that I put ' ' around 'cool' should probably be my first indication).

Is there some sort of unwritten age barrier that I have broken?  I have a friend that used to adamantly declare that 'retired people should stay retired'.  Does this fall into the same sort of category?  Should middle aged people act middle aged and leave social media to the young 'uns?  Gasp - does this mean I'm MIDDLE AGED?  Have I become the old woman that dresses embarrassingly young and visits the college bars where true 20 year olds with perky, seriously padded boobs with fake IDs roll their eyes at me?

All minor ranting and meltdowns aside, my instagram 'handle' (is that even the right term, Liza?) is the same as this blog: The Rancher's Wife.  If you can follow whatever the hell I just said and find me in the outerspaces of the world wide web, power to you.  We'll see how long I can Keep Up With The Kiddos.  (Hey - I just made a pop culture reference.  Maybe I'm NOT too old!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just like mama said... If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.