Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Freezer problems

I have absolutely LOVED having a garden this year.  It's been therapeutic beyond belief.  Every three days or so, when Kenyon lays down for a nap I blanch a batch of tomatoes.  You just can't say that without a Southern accent.  Blanch.  If you're really good you can turn it into a three syllable word.  Seriously.

So now that I have blanched a ton of tomatoes I am running out of freezer room.  To make matters worse, a neighbor gave me a huge pot filled with sand plums she'd picked.  If you've never had sand plum jelly, shame on you.  Sand plum wine is pretty freaking awesome, too.  FYI.  

I half-jokingly mentioned to Wesley the other night that we were going to have to get rid of some meat to make room in our freezer for more of my produce.  Helpful tip: know your audience.  That joked bombed with my husband.  

I've canned a bit of salsa so far, but my immediate plan is to get as much produce in the freezer right now as possible and then have some marathon canning sessions this fall when things hopefully calm down.  Ha.... ha..... ha.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just like mama said... If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.