Friday, May 25, 2012

My Own Worst Enemy

Sometimes I can be my own worst enemy and my habits and tendencies can come back to bite me in the bottom.

Here's a perfect example - my frugal nature.  I freak out when someone leaves the light on in a room and walks out, I cease to run the clothes dryer every spring as soon as I'm sure that clothes won't freeze solid on the clothes line, and Wesley knows he can send me into an instant conniption fit by standing in front of an open fridge door.  (I cringe just thinking about it.)  

He finally came back from Florida and I was soooooooo excited to see him again, as were the little girls.  Last night we finally all got to spend some time together and actually talk about his trip.  For some reason I was feeling a bit whiny and neglected last night and so I asked him if he brought me any sort of trinket or postcard from the trip.  I was pretty sure that Mitch would have gotten something for my sister and I figured that it was reasonable for me to expect a little something as well.  His reply?

"Well, I had something in my hand picked out for you, but then I figured I'd just get yelled at for spending money.  I put it back." 

So here's the amendment to my 'frugal rules.' 

If you spend a few hundred dollars on a plane ticket, hotel rooms and meals for a week-long boy's trip, please go ahead and budget $10 on some sort of peace offering for the wife that you left at home to spray mice to death with flea and tick spray.  Please and thank you.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just like mama said... If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.