Monday, May 21, 2012

Another endearing story about mice

Let's just keep the gross-story theme going, shall we?  After posting about my last escapade involving those nasty looking buggers it dawned on me that this was not, in fact, my first time trying to kill a mouse in a rather unique way. 

Have you ever tried to strangle a mouse?

As I mentioned a few days ago - I don't touch mice, dead or not.  (Except for that one lab in grad school and I still get the heebie-jeebies when I think about it.)  A few months ago, as I was walking through the house I saw a little fella out of the corner of my eye dashing into our bathroom.  I ran in behind him and shut the door, so we were effectively both trapped in a tiny area together.  Genius.  This is pretty much where all intelligent thought ceased to happen. 

Since I really didn't have a plan past "shut the door" I hurriedly raced a million ideas through my mind.  What, might you ask, did I settle upon?  Pin him in a corner with a toilet brush holder.  So that's exactly what I did.  But then I realized that the toilet brush holder itself was also a germ infested and rather disgusting object, so I distanced myself by holding a trashcan up against the toilet brush holder that had the mouse pinned in a corner.  I pushed on that trashcan for a full five minute stretch and finally had myself convinced that surely I had effectively squeezed every bit of life-force out of him.  I finally left my post temporarily to run across the house, grab my phone and call to let Wesley know he had to return home and remove a rodent at his earliest convenience.  Please and thank you. 

When I made it back to the bathroom I checked my cluttered little corner to review my genius handiwork. 

No mouse. 

Seriously?  First, I'm not sure how a mouse could survive the squeeze that I had just placed upon him, and secondly, how in the world could he have crawled over all my obstacles?  And in the back of my mind I had a third thought - what type of cruel revenge was a mouse on an evil revenge mission able to accomplish? 

Between these two events we shall call it a drawl.  Anna - 1.  Evil little rodents - 1.  They may have won one battle, but this is now war. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just like mama said... If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.