Thursday, May 17, 2012

Her nose is growing...

I know that our little girls are not perfect.  Occasionally, they tell a fib or two and don't do exactly what we expect of them.  Last Saturday night was one of these occasions. 

Wesley and I went out for the evening to supper at a friend's house.  Not a crap night, but still a great time.  We didn't return home until almost 11:15 that night (I'm still trying to recoup that lost sleep) and noticed that the girls were not home.  If I hadn't been so doggone tired I probably would have been more worried and lost more sleep over it, but like I said, I was so tired that sleep was something I didn't feel I could afford to lose. 

The next morning Wesley drove to his folks' house to feed cattle.  He returned shortly with two little girls sitting sheepishly in his front seat.  As they jumped down from the seat I immediately began to question why they had spent the entire night gallivanting around the country. 

Laurie pounced upon the opportunity with a very well rehearsed excuse.  "Well, you know that dog that stays and Gregg and Janell's sometimes - Lou?  Well, the other night he invited us over for a sleepover and we thought that sounded like fun and so we went over last night but no one was home and we were confused and we didn't want to seem rude so we stuck around to see if anyone would come over and then it got so late that we didn't want to leave and then get lost in the dark and I didn't want to get in a tangle with one of those danged ol' coyotes you know how I hate those danged ol' coyotes and then it was morning and here we are!" 

Loopie just blinked a few times.  "I thought it sounded fishy that it was going to be a coed sleepover." 

Needless to say, we didn't exactly believe all of their story and both girls were banished to their pen for several hours.  I'm giving them extra points for creativity though. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just like mama said... If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.