Tuesday, May 3, 2016

We're Full of It

Fun Fact: The average farmer feeds 155 people.  That's roughly double the number of people pictured here.  (Although if I count humans like I sometimes count cattle I could be wrong.)

The majority of participants at the 2016 A Day at the Farm

A few weekends ago I had the opportunity to participate in an event called A Day at the Farm and I had an absolute blast.  I only hope it was as inspiring for those that drove from the city to partake in everything.

For a quick rundown, approximately 100 people (ages 2-80) came from Wichita to the Flint Hills to learn why we do, what we do and how we do it.  You know - feed the world and other minor stuff.

When I got home that evening and relayed the day's events to my husband it occurred to me that one particular theme kept popping into my mind: We are full of it.

We are full of crazy ideas that turn into wonderful opportunities.

We are full of information and more than willing to share with others. 

We are full of hands-on opportunities.

We are full of big, juicy burgers.

We are full of treats - because nothing beats milk and cookies after a full day of play.

We are full of sage wisdom.

We are full of stories.

We are full of information.

We are full of stewardship.

We are full of fun questions and answers.

We are full of hope and optimism for the future generation.

We are full of God's blessings each and every day to be able to live these lives.

This day help reinvigorate me when I needed it most.  It reminded me that there is a reason we bust our tails day in and day out.  This is why I have never ending loads of laundry covered in manure, hydraulic oil and diesel fuel.  This is why my children can go days on end without seeing their dad unless we bring lunch to the pasture.  This is why I learned to balance a baby on one hip while feeding a bottle calf with the other hand.  To help feed and clothe the entire world.

We may not know you personally, but we want you to be happy.  We want your bellies to be full and the clothes on your back to keep you warm.

We are 'full of it', just not in the typical way!



For more pictures and information regarding A Day at the Farm, or for more information regarding all things beef, please 'like' Greenwood County Cattlewomen on Facebook.



2 comments:

  1. I so wish I could have come out! I grew up in Kansas (Thomas County) and am now in Virginia. Your post makes me miss "home". Thanks for all you do to share your knowledge with the world! (and with us over at country fair blog party)! I hope you'll join in again for our june link up!
    Jan @ Tip Garden

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words, and I will certainly try to participate again!

      Delete

Just like mama said... If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.