Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Some Things Never Change

Every single year, there is one week during the month of May when Wes and the men work calves.

Every single year, during that one week, I make or take lunch to the men in the pastures.

Every single year, (or at least for the past three years) I have small boys with me.  They absolutely love having a pasture picnic.  

Looking through pictures from previous years only helps to solidify the fact that we are creatures of habit.  

I always spread out the food, buffet-style, on the tailgate of my pickup. 

My father-in-law always tells me my deviled eggs are the best and it's hard to beat a good deviled egg.

Wes always takes a boy to eat and play with him during lunch. 

The men always tell me that my cookies are awful and I need to practice making them more often.  


John 2016

Kenyon 2014

John 2016
8 months

Kenyon 2014
10 months

I look forward to this week each and every year.  Even if I can't be helpful working calves during this decade or so when toting around babies, I like to be helpful in my own little small way and bring them some nice meals.  

Who managed to spill Gatorade on himself within 30 seconds of getting out of the pickup?
This guy.


Talking strategy.




A calf getting some ear tags and vaccinations.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just like mama said... If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.