Monday, December 7, 2015

Baptism and Dog Water

Baby John was baptized yesterday at church and everything went wonderfully.  Our pastor did something I had never seen before, and thankfully everything went off without a hitch.  

During children's time she had all the kiddos (10 or so), scoot to the side of the steps at the front of the sanctuary and then called our family up to the front to baptize John.  The kids all had a front row seat during the baptism and were pretty well spellbound the entire time.  

I was very glad that Kenyon got to sit up front and witness the baptism and concentrate on what was happening.  Late yesterday evening, Kenyon and I were recapping the day's events and talked more about the baptism.  He was very concerned about why Pastor Laurla (Laura) poured water over John's head.  Nine times out of ten, if Kenyon were to pour water on John's head he'd be in big trouble and headed for a spanking.  I was a bit stumped as to how I should expain it to a two year old, and the only thing I could come up with was to say that she poured 'God's water' over John's head.  

Kenyon gasped.  "DOG WATER?"  

I can see it now: next year during a warm, spring day Kenyon is going to remember how Pastor 'Laurla' poured dog water over John's head and didn't get in trouble.  Great.  Can't wait.


The other highlight of our Sunday: attempting to photograph four boys during lunchtime, ages three and under.  I'm sure these two ladies, my mother and mother-in-law, would have never guessed all the crazy they were in for just a few short years ago.  God bless them. 

Lunchtime yesterday at our house was louder than the noon rush at the food court at the Mall of America.  I guarantee it.  

At this point you just need to study the expressions on each boy's face.  This is priceless.
Kade's contentment cracks me up.  It almost looks like he's twiddling his thumbs.
I love the way Kade is admiring Kenyon's haircut in this picture.  Kenyon was so exhausted and 'zoned out' by this point I think he was oblivious to most anything happening around him. 
And he loved the haircut so much he had to touch it.

John didn't get the memo to smile.  Obviously.



I don't blame Ezra for leaning back.  No one wants to sit next to a crying baby.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Just like mama said... If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.