Wednesday, December 23, 2015

A Sign

We don't get out much.  I know this, my husband knows this, and apparently my credit card company knows this.

Yesterday the hubs and I drove a few hours to the big city and shopped till we dropped.  We bought Christmas gifts, work clothes for the year, kitchen gadgets I'd been pining for, and we even ate a nice steak supper.  It was a wonderful day, and definitely something we are not accustomed to.

We were so far out of our element, in fact, that we sent our credit card company into a frenzy.  I have received a bevy of calls, texts and emails asking for confirmation that we, in fact, were the crazy folks that decided to splurge on a bundt cake pan for $14.37 at the Bed, Bath and Beyond.  Yep, that's us.  I do appreciate their concern, but it does feel like a bit of a slap in the face when they point out the painfully obvious.  You know, that we don't go anywhere or do much of anything that involves crowds, stores or towns.

Fear not, dear creditors.  We will not be attempting such a crazy shopping day again anytime soon.  We will now return to our regularly scheduled, boring, frugal lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just like mama said... If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.