Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Random Thoughts and Oddities


  • It finally is starting to feel like fall.  Hallelujah!  Our high today is 75.  The high today in Billings, Montana, is 39 degrees.  Kinda wish I was there.  The high today in College Station, Texas, is 97 degrees.  Although I don't miss the southeast Texas humidity, I also wish I was there today.  A former professor was killed in a car wreck and he's leaving behind a wife and two beautiful little girls.  Today his funeral will take place in College Station.  Please say a silent little prayer for this man's family.  
  • Our garden is still producing.  We have tomatoes running out our ears but we're not complaining.  I found out the hard way that canning 17 quarts in one afternoon with a toddler in the house is probably not one of my top 10 genius ideas.  
  • If you're a Pinterest person, find this recipe and pin it.  Bacon, avocado, grilled cheese sandwich.  Actually, you don't even really need Pinterest.  I just told you the recipe.  Bacon, avocado, cheddar cheese, butter and bread.  Do it.  You won't regret it.  
  • I CAN'T WAIT to post pictures of my sister and brother-in-law's baby shower gift.  I can't do it yet, though, because I know Kara is a super nosy type of person and she checks this blog far too often.  Perhaps I shall post a teaser photo on instagram.  1, because I am a super techno cool kid that has an instagram now, and 2, because she is not such a super cool techno kid and does not have such an account.  Instagram snobbery, anyone?  
  • Kenyon never ceases to amaze me.  I love watching his mind work.  He's starting to LOVE to help out around the house.  The other day I was in a hurry and I had the audacity to throw away his poopy diaper without first offering him the pleasure.  He threw his first mini tantrum.  He also received his first post-mini tantrum spank.  Nevertheless, I always make sure to wad up the diaper and give it to him so he can throw it away these days.  Helpfulness is something I am going to encourage with this child.  And no, we don't use cloth diapers 100% of the time.  I could sense some of you wondering after reading my post from several weeks ago.  
  • If you have managed to stick with me till the end of what is possibly the world's most boring post, congratulations.  Now go do something productive with the rest of your day.  I shall do the same.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just like mama said... If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.