Friday, September 12, 2014

Minor Meltdown

Kenyon is getting his very own room someday soon (we hope).  We've talked to a contractor and hopefully he can get something built for our sweet little chitlin before the first snow flies.  Therefore, it is my duty as his mother to make sure it is absolutely perfectly decorated.

Actually, I don't think there will be much decorating going on.  But, I found a really cool way to make signs (thank you, Pinterest) and now I am bound and determined that his room will contain a bed for my son and a really cool sign to hang above his head.  Priorities, right?

So I took this picture one day this summer offhandedly and whipped this little ditty up:


I happen to absolutely love it.  The little saying is from a poem I wrote when I was in elementary school.  If I could find the rest of it written somewhere I would try to make it into a book, but that would involve finding the dang thing first!

I digress.  So I have this completed picture that I love.  When I went to blow it up, I was informed that the picture would come out rather blurry at such a large size.  Sigh......  My only option was to go out when Wes was shipping next and try to take some better shots.

And this is what I get when we TRY to make something cool, instead of just letting things happen as they should.  Crap.  Absolute crap.  Not one of these pictures will work.  Ahhhhhh, the madness!

Except this one.  This is not crap.  This photo is of my lovely assistant.  Apple of my eye.    

Can anyone say 'jacked up hind wheels'?  I would cringe every time I saw this picture hanging in his room. 

I chopped off the bottom of their legs.  Otherwise known as hooves to people that still have their faculties.

Not enough legs. 

Too many butts. 

Too many heads.

No.  Just no. 

Only if I could crop out the white calf.  Yes, I am discriminating against him. 

Eh.  Just not quite tripping my trigger.  

Perhaps.  We shall see.....  Still cropping out the white guy. 

Even in sports mode, still blurry.  I cursed when I saw this.  It otherwise might have been 'the one'.  

Stay tuned for so many exciting things to come - a proper room, a sign and...... well, that's pretty much it.  Two things.  A room and a sign.  We're boring folks.  If you hadn't figured that out yet then you're probably more blonde than I.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE IT. "Every cowpoke was in bed." You must do this, somehow, some way.

    ReplyDelete

Just like mama said... If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.