Friday, April 5, 2013

Please, sir. I want some more.

As I walked down the road last evening, whistling along to myself, carrying a cup o' sugar, it occurred to me that this might be a touch odd. 



Well, maybe not odd, but more like nostalgic Americana that everyone knows about but no one actually ever does. You know, the whole "borrow a cup of sugar from your neighbor" thing.  Most folks will probably go with odd, but I'm sticking with the whole Americana vibe.  

I was in the middle of baking cookies for Wesley's birthday and realized that I didn't have any brown sugar.  Thank goodness for the grocery store just down the road known as Grandma Curry's.  The woman lives by herself and never fails to have a completely stocked fridge ready and waiting to feed an army of 50 at any time. 

As I was walking down the road, carrying my cup o' brown sugar, I also was thankful for another thing.  Daily, for one reason or another, I am very glad that hardly anyone ever drives down our road. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just like mama said... If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.