Saturday, April 13, 2013

Lovey Dovey

There are many days when I would probably kill my husband if it weren't for the fact that I'm pregnant.  I'm the one with the preggo brain, so I should be the one with a free pass to say whatever I want, right?  Instead, I'm finding that Wesley says the darndest things these days.  I usually know what he means, it's just that there are probably a hundred ways that he could say it more tactfully. 

Example:
Every morning I get out of bed, puke, and then re-enter the room to show W my belly and we can see if there was any growth over the previous 24 hours.  This morning was no different.  I walked into the room and heard, "Side profile!"  So I took my obligatory stance alongside the wall like a prisoner lines up for a mug shot and showed him my belly.  (I don't think prisoners do that part though.) 

I looked at Wesley and quite seriously said, "I don't think I grew any.  I'm feeling pretty gaunt this morning." 

To which my beloved replied, "Trust me, you do not look gaunt this morning.  Not even close." 

I know what he meant, but it doesn't mean that I didn't scan the room for a blunt object to beat him with either. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just like mama said... If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.