Friday, March 1, 2013

Homo sapiens are odd

I think our baby doctor and our nurses like us, if for no other reason than we provide them with comedic relief and plenty of fodder for the upcoming week once we leave their office. 

  • I doubt that the good doctor and nurses have to correct most folks for starting every question with, "In humans...."  Turns out, most folks only ever deal with humans.  For two ranch kids with degrees in agriculture (its a masters in FARM ANIMAL REPRODUCTION for crying out loud), obviously one might infer that humans are not our forte, our main topic of discussion around the dinner table.  
  •  Most folks are not as blunt as W is.  The nurse walked in our exam room last week and stated that I had lost another two pounds since my last appointment.  My beloved's sarcastic reply?  "Well, you sure can't tell it by looking at her."  And please don't get your feathers ruffled over that last comment.  I was absolutely certain that I had gained a TON of weight too by the way I felt and the fact that my clothes no longer fit me.  I agreed with Wesley wholeheartedly on that last one.  The nurse busted out laughing.  
  •  Wesley asked if we got some sort of a prize for being out of high school, married, working and having insurance.  Nurse A said she'd look into it, Nurse B said I was past my child-rearing prime and I was the oldest person she'd pulled blood on by 10 years that day.  (That would put everyone else at 16 and below.... fyi.) 
  • Everyone realizes how uber cheap I am and gets a great laugh out of watching me add up the cost of every appointment in my head.  Yes, I am terribly grateful for our wonderful insurance, but I still can't stop myself.  I feel like a Visa credit card commercial is constantly repeating itself in my head during every appointment.  Sonogram: $250.  Urine sample: $50. This child: very expensive.  
  • Someone (I'll give you three guesses) has started to tease me incessantly about my frugal nature and made the poetic comparison that I am tighter than a bull's butt during fly season.  Yep, let that one stick with you the rest of the day.  
 Yep, it's no wonder that our doctor and nurses get such a kick out of us every time we come to town.  We surely don't want to disappoint!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just like mama said... If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.