Tuesday, March 26, 2013

The Art of Cussing

Every morning when I wake up, I turn off the alarm on my phone and then take five minutes to read some of the morning's headlines on my phone.  It began as an attempt to lay very still for a period of time in hopes that this would quell any morning nausea; however, this was a load of crap in my case.  But the habit has still stuck these past few months.  

One of this morning's headlines that I found particularly interesting was an article lamenting that modern society has lost the "art of swearing."  It was an ode to the good ol' days when folks knew how to make your mouth drop, your cheeks burn, and get your butt in gear, all in one foul swoop.  The author mentioned that today's society merely drops four letter words with no real thought to the force that these words could carry if used in the proper context. 

While I agree with the author on many of the points made lamenting the decline of modern society, I must disagree with the generalization that everyone has forgotten this 'lost art'. 

Perhaps I should have titled this post, "Ode to My Daddy."  Consider this an early Father's Day present.  No thanks needed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just like mama said... If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.