Monday, December 10, 2012

I wasn't lying!

Remember a few weeks ago when I stated that Wesley did not possess the ability to shut off the work-related, common sense part of his brain?  I promise, I was not lying.

One night last week the girls barked up a terrible storm.  I was already having a sleepless night and knew that my opening the window and hollering at them to quiet down would do little to actually change the situation.  So..... I pulled the 'wife card.'

I nudged Wesley to wake him up so he could get up and yell at them.  My first nudge did not succeed in rousing him, so I tried it again.

"Wes, can you get up and yell at the girls for me?" I whispered.

"WOMAN, HUSH UP! SEVEN, EIGHT, NINE."

"Honey, what are you doing?  Can you get up and yell at the girls for me?"

"DAMMIT WOMAN, YOU NEED TO HUSH UP WHEN I'M COUNTING!  NINE BULLS OUT - GEEZ!"



It was about that point in our 'conversation' that I realized one of us was still in a really, really deep sleep.  Like I said, the man's brain just never shuts off.  And for the record, there really weren't any bulls out.  He checked the next morning when I relayed the story to him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just like mama said... If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.