Monday, December 31, 2012

Radio Program

Our county commissioner came barreling into our office this morning.  When he comes in, it's kinda like when a sheriff's deputy comes in (bringing you gifts of pot lights).  They probably mean very well, and I haven't done anything wrong, but I still have to do a mental checklist just to make sure. 

It was a very pleasant visit.  He informed me that an interview I gave several months ago was finally on the air.

Brian, the commissioner, is good friends with a man in England (don't ask for the connection, it's a long story) that hosts a weekly agriculture radio program on the BBC radio station.  I'd liken him to a Larry Steckline here in Kansas... with a really cool accent.  Anyhoo, Alan came to visit this summer/fall/themonthsruntogether and Brian brought him by my office.  I knew that they were coming by for a 'chat,' but I had no idea that he was going to shove a little recorder device in my face.  Thank goodness it wasn't on camera because when the microphone-recorder thing came out it instantly became my burning red face and chest.  Apparently, this is one of my more attractive defense mechanisms, along with uncontrolled, uncomfortable giggling.  You can hear that around minute 12 of the interview. 

The program is only available for one week, so don't dally.  Or do dally and probably be better off because of it. 

Here's a link, but there are no promises that it works.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0122hxt

If not, go to BBC.co.uk and search for Lincolnshire Farming, episode 30/12/2012.  I begin around minute 10.  If you keep listening, you can hear several other GW folks speak after me. 

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just like mama said... If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.