Thursday, December 27, 2012

Christmas Recap

There's nothing really noteworthy to mention here lately, but I'm feeling a bit neglectful (is that even a word?  The longer I blog the more I have a tendency to make up words.) of this blog and thought I should update everyone on our boring little life. 

Christmas came and went without any major happenings.  Lots of card games of pitch were played (both Wesley's side and mine), good food, good stories, good laughter, good presents.  Wesley didn't get to come to my folks' on Christmas day (which really stunk.  Wes not coming, not the day at my folks'.)  He stayed home and chopped ice.  Ah, the life we lead.  I always chuckle to myself when Wesley's mother feels the need to apologize and explain to me why Wesley needs to stay home and chop ice.  To which I always have to tactfully mention in my reply, "I know.  I understand.  This is how we grew up.  This is not new, etc., etc.

The Christmas tree came down yesterday (woohoo!).  We got it out of the house in the exact same manner that it went in.  We got a running start at the door and didn't slow down.  There is now a gigantic tree carcass in our front yard waiting for its final trip to a creek or pond's washout grave site.  Never again, my friends.  Never again.  It was amazing how large our house seemed yesterday when I moved all our furniture back to their original locations.  Even the hubs, who is oblivious to anything that happens within 100 yards of our house, took notice and commented on it. 

Enough riveting news for one day.  Please, everyone, collectively hold your breath until the next exciting round of adventures in Greenwood County. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just like mama said... If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.