Saturday, February 18, 2012

Why I'll never be pretty

I must admit, I often get jealous of pretty girls.  I covet their knee-high boots, perfect hair and delicately painted nails.  True, I have knee-high boots too, but their are either mud boots or my good 'ol boots that I work cattle in.... and happened to wear when we married. 

But I digress.  Because I get jealous of pretty girls I decided that I should start painting my nails too.  Sure, I look a bit odd when lugging feed buckets across the yard to feed calves, I look a bit out of place when loading pipe onto a pickup bed to go build fence.  Nothing compares to this afternoon. 

I was seated at the rear of a cow laying in a pasture in the middle of nowhere.  I had previously been elbow deep trying to fish out two legs... preferably two front ones.  I found the necessary parts and exited her hindquarters.  At that moment I realized that I looked absolutely ridiculous with my once-perfect manicure and covered with afterbirth. 

I think I'm cured of wanting to be a pretty girl for the foreseeable future. 

2 comments:

  1. You know, reading this post made me think of a comment that Teresa once made. She said those Poovey girls sure put their hands in some "interesting" places. Cracked me up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahaha. My nailpolish is currently chipped to hell and I think "why do I try?". Then I go through phases where I'm GOING to paint them all of the time. Then I give up after a month or so, and cut the nails off and let the polish chip until it's gone. My boots too are completely covered in mud most of the time. I look around now and again and think "wait, how did I get here? Where am I?". I love it.

    All class. All the time.

    ReplyDelete

Just like mama said... If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.