Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Giving Thanks

Today is a pre-Thanksgiving edition.  I’ll try to keep the sappiness to a minimum, but no promises. 

There are so many things in life that we could complain about.  We have no children, we have very little money, I don’t have a really meaningful job besides being a rancher’s wife…

But then I looked out the window this morning and all of that was blown out of the water. 

Across the road we have cattle that I can look at every day while I’m standing at the sink doing dishes.  And since I don’t have a meaningful town job, I can work cattle and be outside all day long, every day.  I can drive my husband crazy with my never ending DIY projects.  I can doctor, process, sort or haul cattle anytime I want. 

Our closest “neighbor” (besides Grandma C.) is an old abandoned barn and some sheds waaaaaaaay up north as you can see in the picture.  If you count buildings with human occupants, you have to go more than a mile north.  Wonderful. 

We have two little girls that are the center of our attention.  They are good workers with the cattle and a ball of fun to play with.

We have a little house on the prairie (yes, referencing Laura Ingalls Wilder) that has just enough room for us and great views of our little life.  

I hope everyone else can take a minute during this Thanksgiving to realize that there are just too many things going well in our lives to dwell on anything that is going wrong. 

Happy thanksgiving ya’ll. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Just like mama said... If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.