Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Dog Days of Summer

It has been a hot, miserable few weeks in our area.  We've had to get rather creative with some of our activities as I try to make the kiddos get as much outside time as possible.  I feel there is little to be gained from spending much time indoors.  

We play on our covered porch often.


And we've been 'swimming' a handful of times as well.  There's not much water in the creek right now, but they still enjoy splashing and exploring. 







Notice the black 'cast' on John's arm.  He told me that he broke his arm and needed to put a cast on it.  His version of a cast was slipping a coozie on his arm.  I love his creativity. 


We spend quite a bit of time in the feed bunk while their horse eats her breakfast every morning. 


Sage and yarrow, both from my garden.  This simple bouquet has lasted nearly a week on my table and still has lots of life left in it.  So simple and so beautiful. 


The vantage point from the top of a ground load trailer is pretty good, in case you didn't know. 


Poor Laurie is so patient with the kids and loves to be smothered with affection.  I love her love of the kiddos. 


An art project for the fair.  I cut up toilet paper rolls so the little fingers would spread out like an octopus.  Kenyon then dipped them into paint and made a picture of fireworks.  This is the extent of my creative genius.  



We love to go fishing with Dad.  


John is happy to cast and reel in fish, but he's not too crazy about the idea of taking them off the hook himself or throwing them back in. 




The boys like to catch fish and Kathryn can eat her body weight in fish.  I just throw some bites on her tray and stand back.  


Kathryn like to ride her horse, but mostly just sidesaddle.  I hope it's just a phase.  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Just like mama said... If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.