Monday, August 20, 2018

Date Night

I'd like to think I'm not very high maintenance.  If you ever happen to see me in real life this statement becomes painfully obvious.  I get my hair trimmed three times a year whether it needs it or not.  I like to paint my nails, but only in the spring so you can't see the dirt under them from working in the garden.  I think that I like to go to town on a fancy date night.... until I get around too many town people and then I long for seclusion.  

I think my husband is content with his low maintenance wife who enjoys cheap dates when we ride together to feed calves.  (I giggled as I realize once you add up the cost of a few hundred calves, a sizeable chunk of grass and a feed pickup, cheap is not the operable word any longer.) 

But seriously, the other 99% can keep their fancy hair and makeup and plated dinners.  I much prefer cold beer, beef and big skies any day.  













No comments:

Post a Comment

Just like mama said... If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.