Thursday, June 2, 2016

A Little Work and A Little Play

They say all work and no play is bad for a person, so this week we've tried to achieve a balance and incorporate a bit of both. 

We fished a bit with friends who were camping over Memorial Day weekend.


This picture melts my heart every time.  The two K's just chilling and fishing.  I just try not to stress over the fact that our children were near a large body of water with large hooks flying near their heads.  

I am a parent that stresses endlessly over things and I realize this, but I've been told that my stress level will decrease with each additional child we have.  Great!  If we end up having 27 kids I think I'll finally achieve a reasonable level of stress like normal people with kids, but then we'll have an entirely new set of challenges on our hands.  (And no, we're not shooting for 27 kids, folks.)

John thoroughly enjoyed fishing this weekend as well.
It helped take his mind off the pain from two teeth that appeared this weekend.

Now that the weekend of play is but a memory, it's time to get back to work.  John supervised yesterday while Kenyon helped his dad grease the swather and head out to the hay field. 

Although 90% of the mess on his body is grease, most of the spots on his face can be attributed to Girl Scout thin mint cookies.  He found the stash his dad hides in the shop fridge and raids it quite often.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just like mama said... If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.