Tuesday, January 26, 2016

A Little Country Wedding

It's a cold, nasty, blowing, miserable day outside.  What better way to spend the boys' nap time than to look through my friend's wedding photos from a super warm day this past September?  

Megan approached me about taking her wedding photos one day when our boys were playing this spring.  She sounded super casual about it; like I do this sort of thing all the time, I'm a super professional, and not due to give birth to a child just days after her wedding.  All of this could not have been further from the truth.  

Thank goodness Megan has a cousin who volunteered to be the primary photog and thank goodness my little sister Liza volunteered to take my place in the event that I was preoccupied with having a baby on her wedding day.  Little stuff like that we had to plan around. 

Below are just a few of the 1195 photos that I took for her.  I'm not even joking.  I drove home after her wedding that night absolutely exhausted.  I was having contractions like crazy, my feet were swollen as large as a draft horse's and I couldn't hardly keep my eyes open but it was oh so worth it.  I also laughed that day harder than I had in a long, long time and got to witness one of the biggest days of a family's new life together.  Good times. 

Click on these photos to enlarge.  It's worth it.  (Well, for most of them at least.  Keep in mind I am NOT a professional.  You get what you pay for - which is absolutely nothing.)





This sign was so neat.
When you walked into their ceremony, you saw the front of the sign....

...and as you walked out after they were married, this was written on the opposite side.



This is the bride's dad.
His smile is so contagious.  I can't help but smile when I look at this picture.

Most adorable flower girl ever
I may or may not have already betrothed this little cutie to Kenyon.
Pretty sure that's not legal, but whatever.  Details, details.


She is so stunning right now, I can't even imagine her beauty as she ages.
Her dad is going to have a big problem on his hands very soon.

This captures everything about their wedding.
Simple, elegant, focused, relaxed, perfect. 

The bride and groom wrote sweet messages to their kiddos,
tied the messages onto balloons and released them into the air.
  I cried like there was no tomorrow. 


I caught a butterfly! I caught a butterfly!





And they lived happily ever after.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just like mama said... If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.