Thursday, April 2, 2015

Quarterly Report

I profusely apologize for a lack of blogging lately.  Life has been speeding along at a rapid pace out here in the middle of nowhere.

When I had a 'real job', or more appropriately a 'town job' I had to complete these Quarterly Reports.  I feel it has been so long since I last posted that this is going to turn into a quarterly report of sorts.


  • Burning.  Burning, burning, burning.  The country is going up in flames.  Have I taken pictures?  Of course I have.  Will they turn into a lengthy post someday?  Perhaps.  Don't hold your breath.  (Or do hold your breath because it's so smoky around here.)  Along with burning is the fun, wifey task of washing bedsheets, blankets, sweatshirts, gloves and normal chore clothes.  Everything in our home seems to soak up the smoke smell, even with all the windows shut.  While I enjoy the smell (to a degree), I also do not enjoy smelling like I reside in a chimney. 
  • Calving.  We have been incredibly fortunate this year.  The weather has cooperated for the most part and we've not had a single calf inside the shed, inside the hot box, or inside the house this year.  Thank goodness.  A few needed pulled and a few needed tubed, but nothing serious. Again, thank goodness.  
  • Going to grass.  We drive calves home, the men re-vaccinate and implant the calves and then haul them out to summer pasture.  This also means I've been doing lots of snap tests lately.  
  • We're getting ready for gardening.  Wesley brought me manure and we extended my raised bed by one more railroad tie.  We have tilled and are ready for warmer weather!  
  • I've been slowly building more processing tables for the men.  I love and miss playing with my power tools, but I'm finding that it is a difficult hobby to conduct with a one year old.  I cut one board, chase the child, mark the next board, chase the child, cut one board, chase the child, get everything lined up and ready to screw together, chase the child, leave all the boards sitting in the same spot for a week, chase the child.  Efficiency in NOT our middle name.  
  • A neighbor girl comes over to play a few days a week.  I love her to death, but it is an extra child to take care of.  Spare moments on those days mean I crash in the recliner and power nap like there is no tomorrow.  It makes me seriously wonder how I'm going to function someday with multiple children.  
  • I'm pregnant.  So there's that.  That may account for quite a bit of the power napping.  If I'm not power napping, you can usually find me curled up next to a toilet.  Again, seriously wondering how I am ever going to function with multiple children.  I know we'll survive, but goodness, I get chills just thinking about it.  
Is this what my quarterly reports for the 'town job' used to look like?  Absolutely not.  Did this one get you up to speed just as efficiently?  Absolutely.  

Kenyon has laid down for his nap.  Power nap time for me.  Over and out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just like mama said... If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.