Monday, April 20, 2015

Just a Girl, Her Dog... and a Skunk

It has rained and rained and rained in our area quite a bit in the past week.  We've had around five inches, and all greatly appreciated, trust me.

It has rained so much lately that Wesley decided to take a break yesterday afternoon and actually stay inside the house and relax.  Kenyon laid down for his nap after church and I high-tailed it out of the house for a relaxing little waddle down the road all by myself.

To begin, I walked south of the house and down to the creek as I was hoping to get some pictures of the water running over the bridge.
As we approached the bridge we noticed something funny....

A skunk - out for a little drink. You can see him at the edge of the water, right in the middle of the road/bridge.
Because Laurie and I really weren't interested in keeping with such stinky company we then decided to walk north and west of our house a mile or so.  The walk was definitely worth the effort by the preggo as the sky was pretty incredible.  A storm was building to the west, the lightning was just beginning and the winds were beginning to pick up.  I absolutely love it when the sky looks like this.  The vibrant green grass in the freshly burned pastures contrasted wonderfully with the deep, steely blue of the sky.  The few pure white clouds that dotted the sky completed God's perfect handiwork.  Nicely done.  (Like He needs my approval, but there it is.)







No more than five minutes after I waddled home the heavens opened and we got another inch.  Hallelujah!  

1 comment:

  1. All are lovely, but my favorite is definitely the second-to-last picture. The road gives good perspective on just how big and magnificent the sky is- beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Just like mama said... If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.