Friday, June 13, 2014

Flower Power Friday

Wow.  That title sounds all hippy-like, but I promise you it is not.  With all the rain we've been getting it has been difficult to stay on top of pulling weeds, but I feel like that's a pretty petty thing to complain about.

I apologize, these pictures would have been better if I had waited for an afternoon sun.  Patience has never been the greatest of my virtues....

Yarrow in my rock border around the porch. 

Sage.  I noticed this morning that there is bindweed wrapping itself around the sage and climbing all over.  If anyone has a great business plan involving bindweed, we could be millionaires.  

Creech.  And grass.  Don't judge. 



Phlox.  I love it when the delicate purple flowers set on.  

Hostas. 

Hosta, wheat grass (I think) and goose neck.  All transplants from my aunt Chelle.  I told her that my goose neck was out of control.  She said, "Oh honey, that stuff is awful.  It will absolutely take over your garden if you don't thin it out.  If you have someone you can't stand, give them a bit of that."  I reminded her that she gave it to me.  Silence......

Grasses and more sage.  I love this little flower bed, complete with dog wallow in the center.  The indians had buffalo wallows, I have a dog wallow.  I should have taken a better (non-shaded) picture of the bushel basket of flowers.  They are thriving and simply stunning.  

My railroad tie raised bed garden.  Tomatoes, peppers and strawberries.  We're planning on adding more ties to both ends next year.  Notice the weeds in the background.  I gave Wesley a choice.  Option 1: He could spray the weeds, kill my tomatoes and never, ever eat a bacon and tomato sandwich this summer.  Or.... Option 2:  He could choose not to spray the weeds in this area and eat bacon and tomato sandwiches to his heart's content.  He chose option 2. 

Humble brag, my apologies.  Isn't this cabinet AWESOME?!  I found it at an antique shop for 15 or 20 dollars.  I cut a 1" hole in the back to thread my hose through (see hose on left).  I can hook it up easily to the spigot that is located 6" from the cabinet (that would be the dark green blob in the picture).

I attached a hose hanger on the inside ($4.99).  Now I don't have to drag my hose in and out of the shop all the time, and folks don't have to see it laying all over my porch.  *Cue happy dance!*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just like mama said... If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.