Thursday, June 5, 2014

A Nice Little Shower...

We had a bit of rain this morning.  A little shower.  Little, as in, we got 2 1/2 inches of rain in 30 minutes.  We've not had that kind of moisture in quite a while.  Kenyon, Great Grandma Curry and I drove around for about 30 minutes this morning to look at all the water.  (It doesn't take much to entertain us, does it?)

We then dropped off Grandma Curry and drove back to all the cool spots to take photos.  Sometimes it's just easier than putting up with the questions and comments.

"I guess it would be neat to take pictures of water.  If you lived in Arizona and had never seen it before."

"What will you do with these photos, dear?  Are you really going to want to remember this?  The day your husband had to put in water gaps?  The day that nothing major happened?"

Yes, in fact.  That is exactly what I am going to do.  I am going to share photos of nothing major with all of you.  Unless you live in Arizona and have never seen water before.  And no, she didn't say any of those things, but I also can anticipate everything she will say, and I didn't want to actually live through the aforementioned conversation.

Enjoy.
An old, abandoned homestead just north of our house. 

The watershed across the road from our house. 


A cedar tree under water.  I have never seen this tree within 5 feet of water before. 

Just south of our house.  And no, Mom, I didn't drive through this.  




My traveling buddy.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just like mama said... If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.