Tuesday, April 22, 2014

940 Saturdays

The custodian at my j-o-b is a sweet, sweet man.  I enjoy our 15 minutes together every day when he comes around to our office and collects the trash.  We've become pretty good buddies over the past few years.

When he found out I was leaving the j-o-b he became pretty depressed for a time.  Now that he's moved through the several stages of grief, he's finally landed upon acceptance.

Today he came into the office and handed me a torn out page from his Reader's Digest.  On page 76 is Phrase of the Month:  
"940 Saturdays."
The number of Saturdays between the day your child is born and the time he or she turns 18.  The phrase might serve as a reminder to cherish the time you have with your child and to use it wisely.

David was very somber and stared at me as I read it.  When I finished, I looked up at him and gave him a sincere thank you.  

"I realize that every day will be a Saturday for you now, but you still don't have many of them left with your little guy.  Make them count."  He instructed me.  

So I will now try to keep this in the back of my mind, that I have less than 940 Saturdays left with Kenyon (approximately 906 or so).  I will make the most of my Saturdays, even if now every day is a Saturday for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just like mama said... If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.