Tuesday, June 4, 2013

I Win

Do you ever have those days when you stick it to 'the man'?  You perform some act that is so genius that you're sure everyone should step back in awe and wonder at your actions while they watch you gleefully do a happy dance?

Yep, I had one of those days.

I stuck it to 'the man'.  Because I make homemade laundry soap.  Mwahahahaha.  (evil scientist laugh)

For kicks, I even write the date on the lid of the tub when I make a batch.  The last time I made a batch of laundry soap was January 13, 2012.  That would be one and a half years ago, folks.  Take that, man.  It costs me roughly $15 to make a batch, and I even purchase these items at our local grocery store where it costs me a bit more.  I can stomach paying full price for items when I only have to purchase them every 18 months.

I am a bit disappointed in myself, because I'm pretty sure I could have lasted at least another 2 months with the mixture I had left.  However, Wesley reminded me that in two months my priorities were probably going to change drastically and perhaps I should prepare in advance.  Point well taken, honey. 

If you would like to see a copy of the recipe that I use, please click on the link below. 
http://beingcreativetokeepmysanity.blogspot.com/2010/11/homemade-laundry-soap.html#comments

One note - when it mentions grating the three bars of soap with a cheese grater, don't.  I used a small food processor and it cut my time in half, plus created a finer product that I like more.

Now, go forth, save some money and stick it to the man.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just like mama said... If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.